6/17/11

Censored: VTV Should Do This

As a politician, I think VTV aka Neil Kiernan Stephenson should be taking some notes and think about stepping down as global moderator from the Zeitgeist Movement before he embarrasses himself even more, wait, that’s still happening. Anyways, after watching Anthony Weiner step down from congress, I decided to get the transcript from this event yesterday and re-write what was said and hope that VTV aka Neil Kiernan Stephenson uses it to make his public apology for being a total embarrassment to the freedom movement:
“Good afternoon. About 3 years ago, I sat in front of this same computer and asked people online for their help to take a chance on me in electing me to be in Congress. And then some years later, I asked those same people to join something that I played a part in turning into a cult. This was not honorable at all. I acted the way I did to fit in because I was always an odd ball in high school and could never fit in and look at the whole world now as high school because I never got a diploma. I could never mentally mature. I should have at least got that before I thought about running for anything or taken any position with authority over any organization that I always found myself ruining.
It is particularly humbling to see where I been and who I met, but at the end of the day, I’m a failure and leeched onto people to get to where I’m at now. I never forgotten those people that I used as steps either coming from the same struggle I come from personally. I tried my best in public school, but I failed my mother by not being the son she wanted me to be. 
The trailer life of Michigan is my story and I somehow force myself to feel proud of it when I know I shouldn’t. I’m here today to again apologize for the personal mistakes I have made and the embarrassment I have caused for real activists. I make this apology to the people I manipulated in order to get things my way, but I make this apology particularly to the critics I called trolls. I had hope to be able to continue the work that the people wanted me to do, to fight for the middle class and those struggling to make it. Unfortunately, the distraction I have created has made that impossible. So today I am announcing my resignation from the Zeitgeist Movement Moderation team, so my co-moderators can get back to work, people can choose a new representative, and most importantly, so that my reputation and I can try to heal from the damage I have caused.
I want to thank those who stood up to me and those who worked with me alike. They come from different places around the world, but fundamentally, we all agree, we want things to be better for humanity. They’re all great and I will miss them all as I focus more about getting my life in order. I also would like to express my gratitude to the youth as I find myself ashamed in my mid 30′s. There are people who have worked very hard and very long hours doing free labor for me while I was just collecting money online thru donations refusing to get a newspaper and look thru the classified section to get a job. Ultimately those people define the notion of service, it wasn’t me. I’d like to thank of course those people who’ve helped me, if it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t have larped so much while being in the Zeitgeist Movement. The people who have volunteered, the people who have given advice, the many of people who have offered me good ideas, I promise to act on to better my life and my children’s lives as well as I have been neglecting them to only be popular online. 
This was a difficult period for me and I hope that it’s less difficult as I manage to try to find balance in my life. I got into politics to give a voice to the many who simply did not have one. Now I’ll be looking for other ways to contribute my talents so that we live up to that most Michigan and American of ideals. The ideal that a family, a community, and ultimately Earth is the one thing that unites us. The one thing that we’re all focused on. With help thru therapy and with hard work, I will be successful. 
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment